The final meeting and BBQ will take place on Tuesday, June 25th @ Jackson Social and Field Club. The club is located at 5601 Northern Boulevard, Flushing , NY 11377. The BBQ will begin at 7:00 pm. All Scouts as well as their parents and siblings are invited. The troop will supply the Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Sausages, and Drinks. Scouts and families are asked to bring a side dish or desert to share. Questions, please contact Anthony @ 646-354-0743 or [email protected] Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 25th!
Troop 106 will be volunteering (and cheering on our Scoutmaster) at the 2014 NYC Marathon on Sunday, November 2nd 2014 from 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM at Mile 14 (Vernon Boulevard and 46th Avenue in Long Island City Queens
Due to security issues, each volunteer must pre-register with the NY Road Runners Association. Volunteer Registration is open for Boys Scouts and their families. EACH PERSON must pre-register INDIVIDUALLY. The deadline to sign up is SEPTEMBER 30.
Step by step registration instructions:
1. Go to: https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/login
2. Log in or register with NYRR
3. Click “Volunteer” on left side vertical menu bar
4. Scroll to the bottom of “VOLUNTEER FOR THE TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON” section in center of web page
5. Click the “Volunteer” button in the “FLUID STATIONS 2014 TCS New York City Marathon” section
6. You will enter a web form with a 2 step process 7. Step 1: Select a Marathon Race or event and Volunteer position 8. Scroll down to “Fluid Station, Mile 14 – Queens ” and click adjacent radio button
9. Scroll down to bottom of step 1 page and click next.
10. Click any radio buttons that apply to you 11. Select Group: Select “Boy Scouts”
12. I am registering: Choose the appropriate combo of you and/or children
13. Choose shirt size
14. Accept the Legal Documents and agree to be a Volunteer
15. Now you are done and happily registered
NOTE: If you (Adult or child) would like to have a letter of recognition from the NYC 2014 Volunteers director; please send an e-mail with your full name, Scout’s troop/pack to: [email protected]
Jamboree Money is due at 1st meeting, 9/6:
Due to underwhelming interest, this Friday’s trip to Great Adventure is being postponed. Mike will discuss a possible “Frightfest” trip there in the fall.
See you all on Friday 9/6 at the first regular Troop meeting at Trinity! The first Committee Meeting and Board of Review will be Friday 9/13.
Any donations of school supplies or monies collected are due tomorrow Sunday 8/4. We will be meeting at Trinity between 8:45 – 9 am to leave for summer camp. If you cannot stop by at that time, please contact Mike to make other arrangements.
The premiere Big Apple Jamboree event is October 11-14 at William H. Pouch Scout Camp and promises to be a full weekend of High Adventure activities:
• Monster Zip Line • Shooting sports • Rock Climbing Walls • Water Sports/Canoe/Fish/Kayak • Merit Badge Midway • Archery • Water Bottle Rockets • Geocaching • Mountain Biking • High Ropes Course • Field Sport Competitions and a “REALLY BIG SHOW!”
Cost is $65 per scout and $50 per adult and includes ALL activities, ALL meals and a commemorative Big Apple Jambo patch. Monies due September 6 (our first meeting at Trinity btw).
See bigapplejambo.org for more info
• Bottled water
• Juice boxes
• Book bags
• Glue sticks
• Loose leaf paper
• 24 count crayons
• 8 count washable markers
• Spiral notebooks
• Composition notebooks
Since we are going to be setting up for the following day’s event, no uniforms are required at tomorrow night’s (Friday) meeting.
Reminder: There will also be a committee meeting.
Let Mike know if you log any community service hours this weekend (i.e. helping the elderly clear their walks, shoveling for neighbors).
On Tuesday February 12 @ Trinity at 515p – 730p
The church is having a pancake dinner which we will be helping cook and serve (in full uniform)
This is a great opportunity to give back. All scouts who come will receive credit towards scout of the month.
Any questions reach out to Mike.